Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thursday, April 11, 2013

This is the 4th day in a row I've walked to work, and it will be the 3rd day this week I walk home. Yesterday, R. picked me up because we had an appointment at 4:30 to get to. The walk is about a mile and rather pleasant.

Last night big storms swept through the area, which left the sidewalks full of puddles and worms and the temperature in the mid-40s. Once I start busing it again, I have two possible buses to take to work, both of which arrive in the same area around the same time. Both passed me this morning. But as I walked down Skinker, I caught up to and passed both of them. My first thought was it was just the normal weekday morning Skinker traffic until I realized that the traffic light was out at Forest Park Parkway. = massive backup and four-way stops for all. Also not fun for me because I had to cross four lanes of traffic (plus left-turn lanes) twice. I crossed to one side early at an intersection with a functioning light.

The four-way stop sign system wasn't working out ideally as I think one direction kept getting skipped, and I "let" the buses pass me as I waited at the corner watching the traffic. Then played a slight game of Frogger at the larger intersection trying to coordinate my crossing with the cars going the same direction, the downside being the cars can cross much faster than I can. I made it! But I hope the lights are working this afternoon or that there's someone to direct the traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment