Monday, April 8, 2013

A New Beginning

Monday, April 8, 2013

Today I walked home from work, and, no, it wasn't a 10-mile walk from my new job. It was a 2-mile walk from my newer job! Beautiful weather and it took me about 30 minutes.

With my new job, I can ride the bus for free. Previously, I just had to show my university ID--pretty easy to do! The system is different here: first, I have to request a transit bus. It took about a week before I showed up in the system as eligible. I just submitted the request; now I have to wait to find out it's been processed. When it's ready, I can have it mailed to my campus address or I can pick it up--between 8:30 and 5 on a campus different than the one where I work, also from 8:30-5. So I'll have to figure out how to get there first thing in the morning or make it out early to pick it up after work. Then the pass will expire at the end of June, and I'll have to do the whole thing again. The pick-up campus is even closer to where I live, so that is a benefit. But they certainly don't make it easy for employees to embrace public transit!

No comments:

Post a Comment