Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I'm in the process of moving and was gone for a long weekend to help R. get settled temporarily and to find long-term housing for when I join him. His first day was Monday, and I took him to work. He's able to get a free transit pass from his office in exchange for not signing up for a parking pass. Since we only have one car and I have it and he wasn't planning on driving anyway, that was a deal he was willing to make. We figured out a couple bus options depending on timing, weather, etc. One route stops right outside his building--it can't get much better than that. Tuesday he biked to work and biked back to his new temporary home.

This morning I returned to work and decided to bike it. R. made it to his office in the same amount of time it takes me even though his route is 6 miles instead of 2. It might help that he has a road bike and more biking experience, but I'm taking up the challenge. It was also only about 67 degrees this morning with no chance of rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment