Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday, August 20, 2012

# 4 - Southland Park (7:39)
Status: 2 minutes late

This worked out perfectly for me as I'm still figuring out the timing of the new bus schedule. I thought I'd be a few minutes early for the 7:49, but I got to the infamous northwest corner of 4th & Broadway at 7:39 exactly. I had a red light and could see the bus just turning onto Broadway from 6th. Eeee!  It stopped at 5th. Traffic was clear heading west but there was no way I could cross all 8 lanes of Broadway safely. Still, I started to wander out into the street as the walk sign counted down. The bus stopped at the light; I crossed safely. Success.

The bus had a few more people than usual. I'm not sure if it's because school and classes are starting so some schedules are different or if it's just because of the new bus schedule. A woman who boarded at Hill from another bus used to always get on a later one.

At Kentucky, I saw a man on the street to the left retching into a sewer grate next to a church. Fortunately, I did not actually see anything exiting his body, but the motion/movement was pretty unmistakable.

No comments:

Post a Comment