Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Where have the days gone? It's been 10 days already. I can't even say exactly which days I rode the bus -- not too often in the last week because I've been trying to bike.

The biking has been nice, if hot. I spend the first 10 minutes at work cooling off -- I have facial wipes and I stop at the bathroom to wash my face and get a damp paper towel. In the afternoon, I can just hop in the shower when I get home. The goal is to bike at least twice a week. Today is Tuesday and I've already met this week's goal. If it gets any hotter, I may return to the bus, though.

Update: I remembered a bike story from last Thursday. I was stopped on Cardinal at 4th at the red light waiting to go straight. In the left turn lane was a company van: Rich James Mechanical, Lebanon, Kentucky. I spent half the ride home with "I'm Rich James, bitch!" stuck in my head. I told R. and we made up Rick James-themed mechanical-company jingles. Sometimes it's the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment