Monday, June 25, 2012

Thursday, June 21, 2012

# 4 - Downtown/Medical Center (4:13 pm)
Status: Late

One of the only days I rode the bus all week, and it was awful. The morning bus was pretty new and had the AC going strong -- probably a little too strong for that time of day. The afternoon bus was older (on a scale of 1-4, with 4 being the snazzy new hybrids, it was a 2). R. and I had had plans to meet friends for dinner at 6, but that had been rescheduled. Thankfully, it turns out. I had planned to catch the 4 p.m. bus but got caught up in something, so I arrived with three minutes to spare for the 4:13 bus. Which showed up 5 minutes late. I saw it at the previous stop just sitting there as cars drove around, but it didn't look like anyone with a wheelchair or extra baggage was getting on or off.

Instead, I'm pretty sure the bus was overheating. It beeped. A lot. We stopped at Ormsby and sat there another 5 minutes while two different types of beeping happened, over and over again. I considered getting off and walking but it was over 90 degrees outside and humid. A teenager did get off and walked north to Oak. The bus finally got going again, and the teen scurried to catch the bus again. Around this time, the next #4 passed us.

I finally got home around 5 and slept for 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment