Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thursday, May 31, 2012

It was a perfect morning for a bike ride. Sunny and cool. There was a 60% chance of rain, but the forecast said it wouldn't rain until after 5, so I risked it. Even now, when it's approaching 6, the sky is white and blue.

I was approaching 3rd & St. Catherine when I suddenly thought of a friend who is a dedicated bicyclist. She's taken photos of her commute. I've photographed part of my route on foot but never on bike. When I got to work and checked facebook, I saw that she had just updated her album.

On my ride this morning, I also thought of food. Specifically the 3 diners I pass. D. Nalleys, Ollie's Trolley (both just before Kentucky Street), and the Dizzy Whiz (which is one block west).

D. Nalley's is one of those places I didn't notice until I walked home. The building is nondescript, and the sign posted on the door reads, "Cash Only." I wonder if they serve biscuits & sausage gravy, the best breakfast combo ever.

D. Nalley's is lost because it's right before Ollie's Trolley, which is red and yellow and looks like a trolley. It also doesn't appear to be open in the mornings.

I don't pass the Dizzy Whiz, but I can smell it from 3rd and St. Catherine. It smells like bacon. And it smells so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment