Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thursday, March 8, 2012

# 4 - southbound (Iroquois Park)
Status: 1 minute early

Warm, windy, and rainy today. I got to the stop about 5 minutes before the bus was scheduled to arrive and joined two guys in one of the shelters. It was too windy to hold the umbrella open and too rainy to stand with no shelter. Just as the bus was visible on Broadway, a gust of wind burst through the shelter and knocked down one guy's coffee cup. It spilled open on the ground (with cream and sugar) and then the cup bounced/blew up 4th Street and across Broadway, lidless and empty. At least it was McDonald's coffee and not something more expensive like Starbucks.

Oh no! cried the guy. My coffeeIt's not supposed to blow off the bench.

I almost said, I hope you got some caffeine earlier, but instead went with Looks like it's going to be one of those days. Seriously, why do I say things like that? I felt very Someone's got a case of the Mondays from Office Space, and that's not a good feeling.

That was so close to you--did I get your shoe? I looked down and saw a few spots on my shoe, but it could have been rain -- Don't worry about it; it's canvas.

By the time I got to work, the tops of both my shoes were wet, so whatever coffee might have been there was washed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment