Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

# 4 - Southland Park
Status: On time

In a case of foreshadowing, I remarked to my husband while getting ready that I hoped I didn't have to run to catch a bus because my legs were still sore from Monday's Boot Camp work-out.

Well, at 4th & Broadway I stood waiting for the light to change when I saw the bus turn from 6th Street. No one getting on or off at 5th, so the bus kept coming and approached 4th. I did not want to wait for the next bus. As the crosswalk finally started counting down, I put one foot in the street. An older man in a suit commented, I wouldn't risk it if I were you. Cars were still coming but there were only seconds left before the light changed, and the bus was turning the corner.

I know, I said. I'm just getting a head start. As soon as it hit 0 and the traffic light changed, I was out. The man said something I missed, and I turned back and called out, This intersection is dangerous! Then I scurried and ran. With my aching quads, straight skirt, oversized bag, and big umbrella (closed). I was at the bus when the doors closed. NO!  A young man still at the stop called out to the driver, who opened the doors. I thanked the guy and boarded. I was in my seat when the man in the suit walked past the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment