Thursday, November 10, 2011

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

# 4 - Downtown/Medical Center
Status: 10 minutes late

I reached the stop at 4:32; the bus was supposed to arrive at 4:30. Around 4:47, I started walking. I made it to the next stop and the bus arrived at 4:49. I considered waiting for the next bus (the on time one?), but the bus in front of you is better than the bus you don't see.

It was a game of musical chairs. There was a woman with a non-folded grocery cart blocking a seat. A man boarded with two sleeping bags and a bag tied to a smaller cart. A couple families with small children. The woman who runs the cafe in the library. At 4th & Oak, traffic was backed up going east. I wondered if the cars would be out of the intersection when our light turned green. They were, barely, but then a blue pick-up truck with a refrigerator and something else in the bed turned right (right into the intersection) from the left lane, blocking the bus and everyone else trying to go north. You did not just do that, the driver said. Traffic cleared quickly, but I really wanted her to honk the horn.

First day back on the bus this week after two days of biking to work. I had an appointment in the morning and it was raining. By afternoon, I really wished I had my bike, even though it was cold and windy.

No comments:

Post a Comment