Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday, September 23, 2011

# 4 southbound
Status: 4 minutes late

Four minutes wasn't too bad considering it was pouring rain out. On my walk down 4th Street, I was almost hit with a huge wave as a car slammed into the standing water gathering out from the curb. I understand you can't necessarily avoid the water, but you can slow down. I decided that if I did get sprayed that hard, I was just going to turn around and go home.

I got off the bus at Brandeis and pushed the Walk button at the first crosswalk (north side of the street). When the light changed, I tried to avoid the puddle at the curb and stepped in front of the car stopped in the right lane. Just feet ahead of me, a silver Chrysler drove through her red light in the left lane. I stopped in shock and glared. The other passengers from that stop were in the south crosswalk (still had the WALK sign!). The driver stopped in the middle of the intersection. One of the pedestrians yelled at her. No one was hit, and the car kept going.

My feet stayed surprisingly dry in my new shoes which are somewhat thin, but my legs and jeans were soaked from mid-calf to my ankles.

No comments:

Post a Comment