Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thursday, August 4, 2011

#4 - Downtown/Medical Center
Status: 1 minute late

An older man with a braid and Hawaiian t-shirt sat next to me. I thought he might be a tourist even though he smelled vaguely of paint. Until around Kentucky St, when he said, "Hey darling, are you using your transfer ticket?" I replied I didn't have a transfer ticket (which is true, since I use my university id), but I didn't tell him that even if I did, I wouldn't give it to him. My name is not Darling, I wanted to say. You can say ma'am, miss, or Excuse me. Transfer tickets are hot commodities on the bus routes.

2 comments:

  1. There are so many creepy old men!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! And if you're asking a stranger for a favor, at least put your best foot forward.

    ReplyDelete