Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday, August 8, 2011

# 4 - Iroquois Park
Status: 2 minutes late

I had my alarm set for 6:15, but then I hit snooze, then I moved it to 6:30, and then I turned it off. All to say I did not get up until just before 7. I was, however, out the door by 7:40 or so. Which meant I waited for the 7:55 in the humidity. I considered walking a few stops ahead, but I was sweaty just standing there. The bus's AC was so cold that my sunglasses fogged when I boarded. Only 3 other people were on the bus, and two of them got off at Breckinridge.

It was a hybrid bus that squeaked when moving forward but not when braking. An older man with a cane and a mullet boarded south of Oak. He wore baggy shorts, a stretched-out t-shirt, and a motorcycle vest with Route 66 and other patches on it. His hair wasn't even quite a mullet because it was spiky in the front--not business. His arms showed faded tattoos of eagles and other images.

No comments:

Post a Comment