Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday, August 12, 2011

Today I drove to work -- I was running late and decided it was easier to drive and park near campus rather than walk to the bus and wait. As much as I consider giving up the car completely, it is really nice to have the option of driving sometimes.

I was stopped at the light at 3rd & Broadway going south in the left lane when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. A bare foot tapping against a sideview mirror. With painted toenails. A well-manicured hand with gold rings and a cigarette. A tanned and grey-haired and moustachioed man driving a semi-beat-up domestic mini-van. I hope that van was an automatic transmission. The part I was most amazed at was how did he get his foot up there and out the window? There was no way I could have gotten my leg up on the driver's side window--of course, I was wearing a pencil skirt, but even without that, I would need a lot more yoga classes.

I've seen passengers do that but never drivers. Especially such well-pedicured and manicured drivers. He ended up well in front of me for the rest of the trip south -- guess the foot that was in the car is a pretty heavy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment