Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thursday, July 7, 2011

# 4- Central Park
Status: One minute late

A young man sitting under the bus shelter had music playing very loudly -- it's never music you like. I stood a few feet away from the shelter and could clearly hear every word and beat.

An older man walked by calling out Dollar for a bus ticket. I shook my head. He had already passed the shelter when a woman called out to him and he turned around. I thought he was trying to get a transfer ticket for $1, but he had a bus ticket (not a transfer) that he gave to the woman for $1.He gets $1; she saves 50 cents on her fare.
 
I come by this way every day, he said (although I have never seen this man at the stop before but schedules vary). They give me a ticket but I walk instead of taking the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment