Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Monday, June 6, 2011

# 4 - Iroquois Park
Status: No idea because the bus schedule changed

A woman was huddled in a blanket on the bus. I thought she had Issues. Somewhere along the route, she yelled up to the driver that the bus was cold (it was!). The driver asked, Is anyone else cold?

I didn't respond--in the summer I've learned it's better to just stick with the cold bus because it will get hot soon enough. A man from the back of the bus called up, Yeah, it's a little cold.

The driver said, I can have it on or off. That's it. 

The woman with the blanket asked for it off then she put her wrap back in her bag. The bus felt a little stuffy the rest of the ride.


Afternoon
# 4 - Downtown/Medical Center
Status: See above

At Oak Street a woman boarded the bus with four children. Three of the children were each carrying a bunch of green bananas. The woman carried the fourth child. One girl counted her bananas - eight! then tried to take her brother's but he resisted. The mom said something about the bananas being better than candy. Then she talked about making banana pudding. One of the little girls, who was sitting across the aisle from me (with the mom sitting behind me), chimed in on something---I don't remember what she said but the mom responded along the lines of Sit the fuck down or Shut the fuck up.

No comments:

Post a Comment