Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

# 4 - Downtown/Medical Center

I went to the fitness center after work and then walked to the bus stop. According to the schedule, I had 7 minutes before the next bus, but I was already suspicious because I had not seen the previous bus pass by on my walk to the stop (which requires crossing 2 parallel streets so there is a clear view of the stop).

Three minutes after the bus was supposed to arrive, I called R. The bus is late, and I've seen 3 southbound buses pass in 10 minutes (The route runs about every 12-15 minutes). He suggested I just start walking. But I already exercised! I thought but did not say. However, I started walking and 4 minutes later the bus passed me while I was between stops. At least the weather was nice and it was good exercise. No rain. Not too warm or cold.

I walked about a mile to Oak Street in 14 minutes and reached that stop just as the next bus approached, so I hopped on. I got off at York, meaning I walked about 1.6  miles and road the bus for 0.6. Not bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment