Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

# 4 - Southland Park

It was cold, windy, and rainy on the walk to the bus this morning. I had my coat with a hood but no umbrella. When I got to the covered stop, the man from last week (who pretended not to speak English) was standing there with some McDonald's coffee again. It's raining again, he said. I'm sick of this, I responded. Another man showed up and the two started talking about the weather and life philosophies. No point complaining if it's already happened. In a few months we'll be wishing for rain! The first man said his basement was flooded. The 2nd man said, What are you gonna do? It's already happened. Everything happens for a reason.

They talked about being grateful to wake up each morning. That's a good approach to take, but sometimes you just want to get to work without your pant legs getting all wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment