Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday, May 19, 2011

# 4 Iroquois Park
Status: On time (I think)

Uneventful trip this morning. Some familiar faces but no stories. I listened to Pimsleur Spanish on the iPod. The exciting news is the weather is improving--I may be able to walk home from work without getting drenched in a rainstorm. And the Louisville Root Cellar is opening on Saturday. It's on the route from work to home. More fresh produce to buy, and maybe some cold juice when it's hot out?

Yesterday I grabbed the #23 at Broadway & 3rd and rode it to Bardstown Road to meet a friend after work. Random snippets of conversation about Chinese water torture, child support, and what should and should not be shared from other people's Facebook postings.

I'd like to see if I can go 2 weeks without using the car (as driver or passenger) and that doesn't mean just letting R. do all the errands. It will require a little bit of planning. I was looking at bus options for Sunday to go to the Buy Local fair, but the options are limited. I think I can make it work if I stay aware of my schedule. It beats paying $5 to park and since I don't have a bike to ride (bike parking is free), I'll just hoof it from Brownsboro & Hillcrest.

No comments:

Post a Comment