Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thursday, Mary 5, 2011

# 4 - Southland Park

I got off at Brandeis and crossed on the south side of the street. A man at the northbound bus stop called out to me. Being the nice person that I am, I stopped. The man was possibly drunk and slurred his words a little. It was shortly before 8 a.m.

Man: Excuse me, are you honest?
Me: [Is that a trick question? It's not quite the same as asking, Do you lie? If you say yes, then you're telling the truth; if you say no, then you're lying. I avoid the entire question] How can I help you?
Man: I need to get up to 4th Street Live.
Me: The bus will go straight up 4th Street. You can just catch it here. It should be here any minute.
Man: Are you honest?
Me: Yes, but I have to go to work. [True!]
Man: [holding a couple playing cards in his hand] I'm asking if you're an honest person. I want to show you something and give you money.
Me: [?!?! That's a switch from asking me for busfare but I do not like where this is going] I'm sorry, but I have to go to work. [I kept walking]

No comments:

Post a Comment