Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thursday, April 21, 2011

I was crossing Broadway while a teenage boy in red shoes started to cross 4th. He crossed over to the corner to talk to someone in a car at the light. What's that? he asked. I assumed someone in the car was asking for directions and continued on to my stop. A few minutes later, the car pulled up in front of the bus stop and the woman in the passenger seat tried to hand me a pamphlet, the title of which ended in "the one." No, thank you, I said. I still know not to approach strange cars. Don't take candy and don't take propaganda from strangers. You are obviously passing out religious materials to random people on the street  from your Toyota at 7:13 in the morning and I want no part of that. 

The driver was friendly and enthusiastic both in his manner and his driving. When I got off at Brandeis, another passenger commented, It's good to be on solid ground, and the rest of us laughed nervously.

2 comments:

  1. your stories are interesting...and addicting. good thing you post often!
    cheers,
    502Fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm trying to make it more of a habit. And I added your blog to my list.

    ReplyDelete