Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

# 4 - Iroquois Park

I caught the 7:48 at 6th & Jefferson. It was actually early at 7:46. I had my iPod on listening to Spanish lessons and was confused when I thought the driver was motioning to me in his rearview mirror. I went back up with my ID, but he wanted the woman in the very back of the bus. Perhaps doing more than motioning and saying "that woman" would have cleared up the confusion.

A man in a camouflage-color coat and purple backpack ran to catch the bus just north of Kentucky Street. He pointed to me and complimented me on my glasses. They look like mine, he said. Actually, his were wire-framed and oval shaped, whereas mine are more rectangular with a tortoise-shell pattern, but okay. Then he pulled out a full half-gallon of Kroger mint chocolate chip ice cream and a plastic spoon and started eating. He motioned to me again. I smiled and said something about ice cream being a good choice for breakfast. (Even though it isn't). Another woman called it the breakfast of champions. I had just used that phrase yesterday when referencing my airport Cinnabon breakfast. That Wheaties slogan gets used a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment