Friday, February 11, 2011

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

# 4 - northbound
Shirley Temple bag lady was on again--two days in a row! She had 10 bags this time.

Instead of turning down Bloom, today the bus turned down Lee, which isn't a much longer ride but which does have a stoplight instead of a sign.

A woman got on the bus with two small children--the boy was about 3 or 4. He smiled and waved hello at me. The girl was one--the driver asked the woman how old she was. And she was fast asleep. She was also wrapped tight in snow clothes. Picture the scene in A Christmas Story when Randy is put in his winter gear--I can't put my arms down!--that's what the girl looked like, except in pink and smaller. Like a pink star. The mom said the girl had wanted to walk and she didn't bring the stroller and then on the first bus, she fell fast asleep and has been out since. The boy said, "I'm sleepy, too." The woman said, "I know, but I can't carry both of you."

No comments:

Post a Comment