Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

# 4 - northbound

Because of construction on campus, I've returned to my original campus bus stop (well, original to the #4). It's basically right across from the library but still requires crossing two streets. This week I've been boarding and disembarking from this spot.

The Shirley Temple/Baby Jane lady with the bags was on the bus with a slightly different arrangement of bags than the last time I remember seeing her. Fewer Vera Bradley-inspired prints but more bags. I think she had 7 in her cart and then was carrying two. While she was sitting on the bus, the cart with bags was taller than her. I continue to be perplexed by what she's carrying. As always, she got off at the Orsmby/Puritan Apartments stop.

The bus took a detour because of the Cardinal/Bloom closing. We turned right on Cardinal, left on 2nd (because 3rd is one-way going south and 2nd is one-way going north), left on Bloom, which was a very tight fit for a bus, and then right on 4th. Except we were stopped at the stop sign at 3rd and Bloom for a few minutes because cars going south were blocking the intersection, even though the light at Cardinal was red and there was no place for them to go. Intersection blocking is one of my driving pet peeves, and when I have inadvertently gotten stuck in the intersection, I feel very bad about it and give the apologetic face. And swear not to do it again. Especially to a bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment