Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday, February 17, 2011

# 4 - southbound

Today was one of those mornings that just took longer. The time when I'm normally brushing my teeth and almost ready, I was just getting my breakfast prepared today. We were about half a block away from Jefferson when I heard the beeping of an unseen bus raising its step. Then the # 4 - Iroquois Park drove away. At least the weather's nice to keep walking.

We walked to the stop at Chestnut and got there about 3 minutes before the next scheduled bus. The driver said Good morning to most of the passengers who boarded and announced pretty much every stop. At first I thought she was announcing the stops (5th & Broadway! 4th & Broadway!) for the blind woman who gets off at the public library stop, even after she got off at York, the driver continued. (4th & Kentucky...4th & Ormsby...Cardinal...) A couple times she slowed down at an empty stop, opened the doors, then closed them and kept driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment