Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thursday, November 18, 2010

We had a meeting this afternoon scheduled from 3-4:30. Fortunately, it ended by 3:40. I had brought my bag and coat with me so headed out to the bus stop. I was a block away when I saw the # 4 drive through the intersection.

I walked a few blocks north on 4th Street since I had about 10 minutes to kill and waited at the Lee Street stop -- there's a bench and decorative planters with blossoming flowers in them. I remembered the last time I waited at that stop. There was a man with a bicycle sitting on the steps of the house right behind the stop. He started to tell me some story involving the convenience store down the street. He lost my sympathy when he got to the "them bitches" part. Supposedly, he had asked for directions from some women in a car and they called the police. Or something. I saw that man about 3 more times in a short period of time, including once downtown, and then haven't seen him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment