Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Friday, October 29, 2010

# 4 - northbound after work

Same driver from Wednesday. When I got on the bus, I noticed his fancy chauffeur's cap (is there a better word for that?), but it had a greyhound pin on it. I then noticed he was wearing a tie and vest or jacket. Is this how bus drivers dress up for Halloween?

Later in the ride, he came back to the front seats to help a passenger in a wheelchair get off the bus. The elderly woman in front of me, and right behind the wheelchair, asked the driver, Do you work for the Hound?

I do when I finish here, he said.

Turned out that after his shift ended, he was going to drive a Greyhound bus to Atlanta. I'm impressed with two jobs and they certainly require similar skill sets, but that's a lot of driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment